Thursday, January 26, 2006

Farewell Brother; Liberals

Canada is now big C for two reasons: 1) the country's name is Canada, and 2) the Conservative Party just won the federal election.

I am not elated, nor am I terribly surprised or disappointed. The big-(L) Liberals needed the boot and all the pundits are saying it's good for the country because eventually we'll sway back to the big-(L)'s after they've thought long and hard about what they did, and all will be remedied. I, for one, somewhat agree. I think the Conservatives face a lot of constraints to policy, but I'm still fearful they could throw their (light)weight around the Commons.

I feel good in a way, though, because my riding's NDP candidate - for whom I voted - won against two candidates I thought didn't deserve to win. Among other things, I also thought them pompous during the all-candidates debate when they mudslung each other as if the other parties didn't exist.

Arrogance beset arrogance; they brought themselves down.

In other news, my brother will fly to Korea on January 28, 2006, and will not gaze down upon Canadian soil for - what is most likely to be - at least a year. I will miss him. He's more than a brother; he's a BRO-ther. Also, his friends are excellent and when we got festive in Guelph this past weekend in his honour, they treated me like, well, his brother - one of the family.

I haven't posted here in a while, mainly because I thought I would reserve this to totally serious posts.

I've relented on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home