Thursday, February 14, 2008

A New Rank

The man behind the counter called my name. I walked up with a copy of the Times Literary Supplement tucked under my arm.

"Congratulations, Mr. Marlow. You've passed."

"Excellent," I replied.

I now have a G1 Ontario driver's license, and officially join the club of new immigrants and 16-year-old suburban teenagers who are allowed to drive with their mom.

For those of you (Yan) who dearly wanted me to fail so they could make fun of me for the rest of my life: "Suck it." Because now I am officially on my way to not having an anxious feeling in my stomach when I apply for jobs that require a license.

I am also on my way to driving with my mom, which is awesome; especially when I take turns to fast and she white-knuckles the door handle.

6 Comments:

Blogger yantastic said...

HAHAHAHA, let's wait and see when you have to write the test again in 5 years!!
I have my fingers crossed.....

Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger iain.e.marlow said...

Yan! This is true... This is sadly true...

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah you Marlows. You guys don't need a license.

Friday, February 15, 2008 1:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes, my butler's son went through the same thing the other day. You might have seen him there... Well dressed, English accent, answers to Jeeves Jr?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:24:00 AM  
Blogger Freelance Traveler said...

Hey Buddy,

I have a blog now too - http://matthewgraveline.blogspot.com/

Matt

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah V. (Barf Green Is Best) said...

My GI expires at the end of this month. Probs not good.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home