Monday, January 30, 2006

Sushi Party

Tonight my friend Alana hosted a sushi party, at which - to my surprise - we created and rolled our own sushi.

Well, duh; I suppose.

It was my impression that I would show up and gorge myself. Instead, I was expected to craft for myself these intricate little fake-crab concoctions covered in ocean weed.

All in all, it was excellent: excellent company, good music coming from the room behind my chair (read: stool, that's right Alana - I said it), and good food. I have no idea if Japanese food was going to sit well, but I had that impression about Korean food, and now I'm in love with all good foods of the Far East. It is my conclusion that Western food and meals are imbalanced, bland and tacky.

In other news, my sleeping pattern has taken a brutal smacking. Late nights and early shifts are obviously silly combinations to experiment with, though I'm sure I'll continue it.

Currently, I'm buffing up on international law, getting over a sore throat, and pondering what I'm doing this summer.

That's all.