Monday, October 16, 2006

Is this footage (of Tibetans being murdered) real?

Please judge this for yourself.

A friend of mine sent me the link. It was originally, as far as we can tell, posted to Lian Yue's Eighth Continent, the blog of a freelancer and contributer to Guangzhou's Southern Metropolis Daily.

It could quite clearly be a hoax and an attempt to embarrass Chinese authorities. I am unaware if this has been made available to human rights lawyers or relevant NGOs or the UN, though I assume it has not.

That is one reason I am skeptical: Why would some relatively unknown news organization try to scoop the world with this, instead of handing it over to the proper authorities?

They must realize that by itself, on that website, it carries little credibility. Especially since the figures in the video - of the Chinese soldiers, and the supposedely shot Tibetans - could be actors.

Who knows? I'm doing my part by posting it. And again, please judge for yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was on CBC - it MUST be true

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home