Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Goodbye - China, India, China

Tomorrow I leave.

First: a short stop in Beijing, during which I will somehow have time to imbibe of a Chinese indie-rock festival.

Then, I fly out to Delhi, India, where I will be travelling for roughly a month - living out of a fake backpack by the seat of my pants.

Then I fly back to Beijing, where I will be working until August.

I shall spare ye all the poetics: for those of you who made this year spin by so quickly, I thank you. To my brother and Nara in South Korea: my thoughts are with you, though I will see you soon enough.

To Wu Yan, the unstoppable force for good, thanks for all your hard work making this both possible and not as financially devastating as it might have been.

To my friends - past, present, and future - I look forward to our run-in's, our conversations, and hugs of goodbye and hello.

I shall aspire to blog frequently, but slow connections, infrequent access, and what from now shall be called the Nanny (of Internerd Nanny-state controls), may conspire against my efforts.

Nevertheless, I shall try. I can be reached at the email address in my profile.

Goodbye.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alana said...

that was a bit morbid iain.

but be well, and have a brilliant time, it will change you forever.

x

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:21:00 AM  
Blogger Nara said...

I can't wait to hear about all your backpacking adventures! :)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home