Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Times are Ticking

The past days have been filled with the things one regularly does here: drinking, shopping, eating, discussing, watching ex-officials do living-room-tai chi in their boxers.

It is a fitting way to wind down my summer; a summer spent traveling two of the most populated countries on the planet, and indulging (sometimes to excess) in both writing and thinking. And drinking.

There have been many bizarre days, and sometimes they stretch into weeks as I watch clock hands tick down on time I didn't think I was counting, and on moments and people and phases of myself I never thought I'd be shedding - like the snakes we sometimes think we've become after a few drinks.

It's difficult for me to write at the moment, as I'm in one of those transitions; where you are unsure of whether you can stand behind what you have transcribed when you reach the other side.

So I'll stop now and, for posterity's sake, simply state that: I am flying home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home