Thursday, May 11, 2006

And sand blew through the open window

I spent last night huddled on the lower berth of a train bound from Ajmer to Chittaurgarh, with my luggage strapped to my waist and sand from the Rajastahni plains blowing in through the barred, open windows.

The day before I sat with an Irish man and watched a tourist with dreadlocks get fleeced by a false Hindu puja ceremony at the bathing ghats in Pushkar; that he lost so much was his own fault, that he provided me with so much fodder for antitheism is no one's fault in particular.

Before the train left I was besieged by a crowd of well-educated youngsters who excitedely shook my hand and introduced me to their mothers. I was then told that I was very handsome. To this, I flustered with speech and waved my arms and book about in the air as they giggled and smiled.

Yesterday was also my brother's birthday, to whom all I could offer was an email. 'Sup, Chris?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Sup Iain?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

You wander and write better than I.

Keep well, Iain.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad two brothers have such great communication!

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger iain.e.marlow said...

Chris: S'up, back. Did you get my email?

Alana: Are you in love yet? Is it real? We all wander and write differently; none better, none worse.

Anonymous: We're extremely masculine in our communication, me and Christoph.

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home